Work is a rehabilitating force, building self-reliance, confidence and self-esteem. Often, skills training will prepare a resident to enter into society as a productive member. Most often, residents will build skills throughout their residency tenure, usually in one or more of our many seperate ministries, i.e. the houses, Loaves and Fishes, the offices and the multi-purpose Moran Center; Skills such as:
- Home rehabilitation skills, often practiced and perfected on Magnificat Properties.
- Woodworking, metalworking and construction trades.
- Retail skills, such as pricing, stocking, sales and sales management.
- Computer and office skills.
- Moving and hauling trades.
- Furniture renewal.
- Food service and cooking.
- Residential management.